The first title update for the latest game in the Gears franchies, Gears Tactics, has been released. They have made multiple gameplay and visual updates. See the full patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where units can’t be selected, most notably seen in Act 1 Chapter 6.
- Fixed game turn getting stuck when using the Vanguard Distraction ability on a Sniper Drone that is pinning the Vanguard.
- Fixed the Vanguard Breach ability re-applying the AP/Heal buff more than once.
- Fixed an issue where characters could appear with untextured armor when editing armor in the Barracks.
- Improved image quality while using Variable Rate Shading.
- Fixed untextured parts of the Mammoth in Act 1 Mission 4.
- Fixed holes seen in the environment in the Act 1 convoy while using ultra-wide monitors.
- Fixed a crash when targeting more than 4 units in cover with a grenade.
- Fixed a few rare crashes that could occur on boot of the game.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur on a hit reaction.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a unit is killed.
- Fixed a few rare crashes that could occur in gameplay.
- Fixed a rare crash when using the narrator.
- Fixed a few rare crashes that could occur while transitioning to a loading screen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the user settings file is edited by external sources.
- Updated the minimum recommended driver version for GPU drivers. Drivers below this version will display a warning on boot of the game.
We know this Title Update doesn’t represent all the issues we’ve seen discussed in the community so far – rest assured, we are hard at work addressing many of the top remaining issues seen here in the Steam community.
Here are just some of the areas we are working on to address in the near future:
- Stability fixes.
- Rare cases where the game turn may not end.
- Rare cases where Xbox Live sign-in can fail.
- Act 1 Chapter 6 sometimes does not transition the objective correctly.
- Text adjustments to clarify some skill descriptions.
Additionally, diagnosing GT102 errors remains a priority for the t